5 Reasons to Supplement your Vitamin D Intake
5. Our bodies don't produce Vitamin D on their own, we need to consume it in our regular diets, or from exposure to sunshine.
4. Food sources of Vitamin D may not be things you eat on the daily. Some of best sources of Vitamin D include: Salmon, Herring, Sardines, Cod Liver Oil, Tuna, Egg Yolk, & Certain Mushrooms. Are you consuming these on the daily??
3. If we live in cloudier areas, or colder climates that keep us indoors more, our sun exposure can be quite limited. (Oh hey fellow Minnesotans--that's us!!). Plus, even on the sunniest days in the summertime, if we are using sun protection (hats, protective clothing, sunblock, etc.) this limits our Vitamin D exposure as well.
2. Vitamin D is necessary for proper bone health and brain health
1. To feel happier and sleep better too--yes, please!! Vitamin D can be beneficial for our overall mood and has been shown to help us sleep more as well :)